MOSONiE Socio-Economic Foundation with the support of SELCO Foundation organized series of awareness workshop programs on Solar lighting system from 13-16th February 2017, under the theme “MOSONiE Clean Energy for Socio-Economic Transformation”. The workshop took place simultaneously in 11 different villages on different dates coordinated by 3 team- Team A, B, and C. Overall 100 and plus participants from Umlathu, Umsen, Pynker A, B, C, Pahamjula, Pilangku A and B Chota Killing, Upper Jorbill and Nongkynrih of Jirang and Umling Block, Ri-Bhoi District Meghalaya attended the workshops. The main objective of the workshop program was to promote clean Energy for Socio-Economic Transformation especially in un- electrified and poor power supply villages.
The topics covered in the workshop consisted of the following:
- Introduction about the organization/s and its various initiatives.
- What is Solar Energy, and what it can do?
- Advantage and Disadvantage of Solar Energy
- Solar Energy and income generation
- Solar Energy and environment
- Cost of solar energy and kerosene
- Solar energy not only sustainable but is renewable
- Cost and maintenance
- 10 commandments of solar energy